Birth name field for unmarried women and possibility to edit finished entries?

Hello and thank you for the project!

I have a question concerning the birth name. For unmarried women, of course no separate birth name is given (as their surname has not changed). However, if I do not enter anything in this input field, in the summary at the end it is stated that their birth name is „unknown“, which sounds a bit wrong to me.

Therefore, should the „main“ surname be entered as birth name as well, or should I strictly adhere to the entries in the file and leave this field untouched, even if it then gets rendered as „unknown“ surname afterwards?

And, linked to that, is it possible to edit one’s entries after the file has been completed (via the profile, perhaps)?

Thanks in advance and best regards!

1 „Gefällt mir“

Thank you for your question! Please do not be confused by the summary of the person’s fate at the end of the form. If there is no maiden or maiden name on the document, please leave the field blank. The „Unknown“ you see at the end is due to technical reasons.
You can edit your entries until you click on „Submit“. After that, your entries are saved and can no longer be edited.
Best,
Kerstin